Food assignments were sent home a couple weeks ago and I was asked to bring spinach or bananas. Thursday night when I went shopping, the banana's were bright green ... so I picked up a bag of baby spinach and green grapes and kiwi so I'd have lots of options incase something went south in the kitchen.
Thankfully, our school hasn't gone the way of many who do not allow any homemade or home prepared food to be served in school. I decided I would give a quiche a try ... raw spinach just didn't seem like something 5 and 6 year olds would eat ... and I didn't think sauteed spinach would go over well either. So I consulted mom for a good crustless quiche recipe and gave it a whirl using a variation of my sisters favorite from the Moosewood cookbook. It was divine, and the entire pan got served up, and quite a few kids ate it - not mine, but I did see plenty of other kids eating it!
Alex is following in Sam's footsteps. Sam attended everyone of Emily's Kindergarten parties I helped with, and Alex is fitting right in just like his older brother did. He went right into the classroom, found Sam, Sam got him an extra seat and stuck to Sam like Velcro.
3 comments:
Spinach quiche is one of my favorites. Happy St Patrick's day!
I miss bringing little siblings to parties. But a few times an older sibling has made an appearance in a youngers class for a book read or the like, and it's nice that they still support each other on their own. Starting good habits early, hope they stick through adolescence!
wow - looks scrumptious!
Post a Comment