Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The fine line between chic and dowdy

I'm looking for a cute, semi-casual, yet a bit dressy, brown shoe ... shoes I can wear with or without hose, and with a skirt or maybe with dress slacks. Not high heels, not open toed, but that in between spring/summer cute brown shoe. So while looking for a cute brown shoe ... a kitten heel or a sling back, or even a slide ... I found these ... here's a better picture.

So here's the dilemma. They look comfortable, and while comfort is a consideration, I'm looking for more than just comfort. They must be stylish. I really like the flower detail, but does it make up for the less than attractive, dare I say, Schoolmarm, Nun heel?

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am not particuarly stylish ;) but I think the flower detail makes it a great shoe. The perfect brown shoes are VERY hard too find :)

Jennifer Lee said...

While at first glance I can see where you get the schoolmarm impression, I think that overall they are very cute. Cute enough that now I want a pair, too.

Kelly said...

The flower detail is nice. With the right print in your skirt or other accessory, I think you're fine. Personally I find the wedge much more comfortable to wear than the stiletto.

Kim said...

I say keep looking :) If you are not 100% sure that you love them, they are not the shoes you want to spend your nickles on.

Amy said...

The shoes are cute, but I couldn't go without hose in closed-toed shoes. But I'm a little freaky about things like that. But if you aren't squeamish about such things, then go for it!

Heather said...

ooo- cute! i like them! they look very Jcrew-ish! However, before you give my opinion much weight, I am HORRIBLE at selecting shoes, I am always wearing shoes that people think are ugly.

Heather said...

oh, well I mentioned jcrew and then of course I had to click over there...what about these cute suede ballet flats?

Barb said...

can you believe i'm commenting on your blog?? :) Those aren't bad, but in that price range you can find cuter...check out flats at bakersshoes.com, or on piperlime. There's also cute stuff at bodenusa.com, but it's a little pricier.