Sunday, March 15, 2009

Anna

Anna, as of last week, is now 8 months old!



Time sure is flying by for this little one! Someone said I hadn't posted many pictures of her lately, so here's one from this afternoon of our smiling girl, and a little update on what she's been doing.

* She loves to smile! She'll smile back at you even when she's upset and fussing.
* She is ticklish, and will laugh and giggle when tickled.
* She has figured out how to turn her jonnyjump-up into a gentle swing, all by herself.
* She has also figured out how to twirl in her jonnyjump-up, but does not like to twirl fast.
* She is in the last stages of learning to crawl. Right now it's more the army crawl on her tummy, pulling her body forward with her arms and toes.
* She loves to pick up small objects off the floor - what we love to call the vacuum cleaner stage - but she's not interested in putting anything in her mouth yet. This also means she's not interested in feeding herself Cheerios, everything has it's trade off.
* She is terrified of the vacuum cleaner.
* She does not like to be tossed in the air.
* She loves being held and carried around by Becca and Emily.
* She loves to sit next to one of her big brothers and be in their arms.
* She is a very curious child. She wants to see and know and observe everything.
* She puts herself to sleep with the help of Aunt Mary Ann's magic blanket. We still have the cradle set up in the kitchen behind the love seat, even though she has nearly out grown it (a couple more inches and she'll be too long for it). For nap time I lay her in the cradle with her blanket and we all continue on with our morning. She's typically asleep before I turn around to look in on her.
* In sacrament meeting today she used my lap as a trampoline, causing most adults who watched her to work hard at not cracking up. She really gives your arms a work out holding on to her.
* I am constantly getting compliments from people on what a beautiful baby she is ... and when we're with Alexander, they also mention how calm and content she is. :)
* One of her favorite games is the Echo game ... she makes an "Eh" sound, and I'll echo her, trying to match pitch and inflection, etc. We can keep this up for 5-10 minutes, going back and forth. She thinks it's grand.


* * * * *

I made two huge quiches for dinner tonight. Emily was the only child willing to try it ... after one bite she said she really didn't like it. I suggested she eat a couple more bites to make sure. Didn't matter, she still didn't like it. GR thankfully ate the three pieces I sent with him to eat in the car on his way out the door for the evening. But I now have 11 pieces of quiche to eat this week.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

She is a cutie...all your descriptions of what she is up to makes me miss the baby stage a teeny bit :)

suz said...

awww, you kept the jumper that we got for emmy! it looks great on anna.

Livia said...

She is adorable! She always has a smile when I see her.