Thursday, January 08, 2009

Going, Going, Gone

This is what happens when GR offers to cut Sam's hair ... doesn't offer to me to cut Sam's hair, offers to Sam to cut Sam's hair ... just like Daddy's ... and Sam agrees.



I begged for a 1" compromise, and to the cutters credit, he tried it, but it wasn't going fast enough for him, and so ... after asking me repeatedly if I was going to get mad - what am I suppose to say, it is
only hair and it does grow back ... off went the 1" guard and on went the 1/4" guard.

Sam loves it and really that is all that matters.

10 comments:

Heather said...

aaron has been forever banned from taking those clippers to our children's heads! Sam looks like a whole new Sam now! Glad he likes it!

Kris Farrar said...

I am a little sad to see those curls go.

Amy said...

Wow he looks so different. But GR did a good job!

Kate said...

I for one am hoping his hair grows quickly. I'm all for shorter hair, but this hair cut is one I'm not too interested in repeating.

Poor kid. When GR and I asked him what people said at school, he said he got lots of comments of "You got your hair cut!" ... he was very quick to point out that no one said "... nice hair cut."

Lori said...

I like the step by step photos. Hopefully Sam doesn't worry too much about the kids at school...I think kids just notice changes (and Sam's hair has undergone a big change!) more than others and have a hard time adjusting to the new or different (as I'm sure you know). Once they get used to his new hair, it'll be like it never happened. Cute.

Vatti said...

Thanks for the update. Tell Sam I like it! At least it will give him a point of reference--remember 2 Ne 2:11.

Ali P. said...

I like it! Now he looks more like a tough little boy, and older too! Good for the winter because the hats won't mess up his hair, and perfect in the summer when it is too hot! :)

Katrina said...

Just don't let him grow the beard, too! ;)
Doesn't even look like the same kid, cousins or something. We did that to the three boys this summer. They just love not having to have their hair combed!

Kristy said...

Oh, I think he looks really cute! Maybe I am biased, though, because it looks a lot like mine. :) Does he like it?

joe said...

i think he looks great. but, kd and i like photo 3. :)