It took nine solid months, but by late August of '08, Alex was finally willing to attend Nursery without screaming the entire two hours. He will now gleefully go to nursery when someone other than Dad takes him. Yesterday after church (Hallelujah, we're now at 9am and tithing settlement is OVER!!! We got our papa home at 2:20!!) while we enjoyed an afternoon and evening with Grandma and Grandpa, Alex went skipping around the house singing.
At first I wasn't quite sure what he was singing, and asking him doesn't help, he just repeats it the exact same way. It took a few times of carefully listening, but I was finally able to figure out he's saying "Jesus Christ." All through the house, Alex was singing, "Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ." I have no idea what Primary song he's taking this from, any takers?
Today his song is now an odd mix of, Choose the Right; Clean, up Clean up Everybody clean up; Jesus Christ; ABCs and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It's been quite amusing to sit back and listen to him sing. I asked if "Jesus Christ" was the song, "I belong to the church of Jesus Christ," and I got a silly "No Mom" smile from him. I think I'll give Shannon a call to see if she has any clues about the song. :)
* * * *
I haven't talked with Shannon yet, but I think I've found the song Alex is singing ... "I'll Pray in Faith." It's a sweet song that teaches children how to pray. All I could remember was the very last line of the song ... "...In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" but when I sang that line to Alex, he lite up and said, "know that song!" So I think we have a winner. Tomorrow we'll sing the entire song so I can help him learn the rest of the words.
No comments:
Post a Comment