Friday, July 25, 2008

Sam's Birthday Party

Sam's birthday party this afternoon/evening was a success. Three of the five boys he wanted to invite were able to come and they had a blast playing in the water. GR asked one of the young men from church to come and help him out in the pool. This worked out perfectly! Our 15 year old helper had a really good time playing with the boys and swimming, GR's stress level was slightly reduced and thankfully/amazingly, everyone stayed safe!

I think we did a better job this time around at actually keeping things really simple. Sam wanted to have a water birthday party and a piƱata. We threw in some bake-at-home pizza's, fruit salad and baby carrots capped with huge black olives - viola, a simple dinner 5 year olds will eat. Add cupcakes, 5 sparkler candles and bag of ice cream cups and you have yourself one successful party!





*NOTE: I've been wanting to make a "Birthday" banner for a while now (top picture). I had hopes of getting this one made for Sam's actual birthday, but quickly realized that wasn't going to happen. I used this template, and once again I made this one a little more complicated than necessary and consequently it took forever - so gone are my thoughts of possibly selling them - no one would be willing to pay what I would need to charge to make it worth while! Despite being a much more involved and time consuming project than I had first anticipated, I LOVE how it turned out and it should last us for lots of future birthdays!

(I opted to keep the back side plain - all the bright colors, but no letters - so I could use it for occasions other than celebrations.)

2 comments:

Livia said...

Happy Birthday Sam! The party looks great Kathleen. Nice job!

suz said...

is that kid flashing gang signs? what kind of crowd is sam hanging out with? :)