Sunday, October 10, 2010

Season Finale

Our fireworks distributor had an end of the season show last night, lighting off $15,000 worth of product in a 20 minute show.  That is a lot of product in short period of time.  We've attended their spring preview show, but this was our first time attending the end of the season show.  We got together with the core of the 4th of July shooting team and their families for Chinese and fireworks.  We had a great time.  And seeing $15,000 go off in such a short time frame really is impressive. 

We were worried the weather would be chilly, but it was perfect.  The kids only needed light jackets at best.  A couple of us were wishing it'd been just a smidge cooler to justify hot cocoa. 


As amazing as this show was, I still prefer GR's.  The pace is just a bit slower, allowing you to enjoy and appreciate each shell, without it feeling slow and sluggish.  In an unofficial exit poll of our show this summer, when asked how long the show lasted, people estimated 18-20 minutes when in reality it was ~13 minutes.  

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I swear, Anna and Alex are at that age where everytime I look at them I think they have changed so much.

Looks like it was lots of fun!

Sara Jensen said...

That looks so fun!