Sunday, October 03, 2010

Our weekend's comings and goings

Saturday started with soccer games for Sam and Emily, and Hobbits for Alex.  While Emily played her game, kids were sitting in the car listening to general conference via my phone!

 

Saturday afternoon was out exploring gravel roads in search of a bee farm, a multi-generational farm, and an alpaca farm.  For the last 5 years or so our area has had a farm tour the first weekend of October.  It's something we enjoy supporting, though the scheduling makes it difficult for us to attend each year.  The weather was beautiful and the kids had a great time seeing the different animals and learning about each farm.


There was some discussion about whether or not we should order one of these for Thanksgiving this year.  I never got up the courage to even ask about the cost.  



Sunday we continued our general conference tradition ... everyone helped us make a batch of monkey bread to eat during the morning session.  And the kids got special conference activity packets - these were provided my by very sweet visiting teacher, saving me a precious hour, printing and compiling activity sheets from the church website.  I kept my hands busy during both sessions crocheting the edging on to the pillowcases I made for Rebecca's birthday.  They turned out so cute!  I totally recommend You Go Girl's Posh Pillowcase tutorial.  



A couple of Sunday's ago, our high council speaker mentioned that after April general conference he took on the challenge of listening to one conference talk a week until the next conference.  GR and I are going to do this over the next six months.  We rarely get to really listen to all the talks live, so I'm looking forward to taking on this challenge.

Sam has finally lost his two front teeth.  The permanent teeth had already started to come in and for the last couple of days he's been sporting a very good Nanny McPhee look!  GR told him if he hadn't gotten it out by tonight, he'd take him to see Ginny and have her pull it.  His simile is going to be perfect for his Halloween costume ... he's been talking about being vampire, perfect for a kid who just lost his two front teeth don't you think?!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Those farm trips sound really fun. I hope you took video. Unfortunately, I've noticed that my videotaping motivation has dropped to near 0 these days. Very odd.

Do you attend any of the sessions in person? Back when I was walking up hill in the snow both ways, there really wasn't any other choice than to go to the ward building, sometimes the Stake Center. These days it seems like nearly everyone is staying home for most if not all the sessions. Of course, I'm judging from what I see online and from friends, so that might be biased.

At this point the only/best thing I can do here is pull down talks over itunes over a period of months.

Toothless vampire? Well, as long as no glitter is involved, go with it. Either that or you could give him a bottle of True Blood as a prop. Maybe not age relevant, adults would certainly notice =)

I'm presuming Ginny is their dentist, or is she a family friend?