It's AUGUST. August! Really, August?!I
School starts in 9 days.
Emily turns 8 in 5 days.
Honestly and truly I thought that by now, I'd be totally caught up on our summer adventures, and things would be humming at sweet and smooth pace.
I guess it's time to just fess up and not try to hide the fact that I'm barely holding things together this summer. It's not so much that we have a lot going on ... 'cause frankly we don't. On the family end, it's been a normal, steady pace. We're doing fun things, having a good time, having wonderful summer adventures - at least I hope that's what the kids think and will remember.
I on the other hand ... I feel like I can't breathe, my condensed, bare minimum, let's just get by "to do" list is so overwhelmingly long I don't even know where to begin. My coping strategy right now is to have a Tuesday morning melt down ... full blown, totally overwhelmed, how can I get myself out of this mess, yelling, crying, eat a bowl of ice cream and bite my lip til its over, melt down. I gotta say while it doesn't do a thing to shorten my list, I do feel a bit better when it's all over. And I know that this too shall pass and I will dig my way out of all this 'stuff' that is crowding my life and get everything done in a day that is asked of me. But until then, you just might want to steer clear of this house on a Tuesday morning - maybe I will too. And to the deranged few who still seem to still think I have it all together ... ha, ha and ha! If only you were a mouse in this house!
5 comments:
oh, you don't really bite your lip, do you??
Sorry to hear things are challenging for you. I wish we were close enough that we could help.
[attempt at humor]
You know, polygamy could solve this problem =)
[/attempt at humor]
I tried to leave you a comment the other day when I read this, but I wasn't able to log in. Just know I'm sending hugs over the miles. Here's hoping for a better Tuesday next week!! And I'm giving you permission to have the occasional or even the frequent meltdown! You are carrying a heavy load, my friend! xoxo
I too would like to have a coping strategy that made me feel better AND reduced the amount of stuff left to do. Unfortunately I don't. All of mine are just like your bowl of ice cream.
I'm proud of you and I admire the life you have created for yourself, excelling in so many areas, and I won't have any trouble maintaining that admiration even without the myth.
Ah, sister. I hear ya. My sweet, wonderful mom whom I love dearly and who is an angel used to call us little sh**s during her meltdowns. And we all turned out just fine. :)
This too shall pass....
Post a Comment