Wednesday, August 05, 2009

On a mission ...



Back in June when our good friends moved to a bigger place and the kids and I spent a couple afternoons helping them unpack. Rebecca begged and pleaded to be allowed to bring one of the huge garment boxes home with us ... I managed to get it into the van and home. She promptly set it up in the living room, filled it with pillows and blankets and climbed in with a book and flashlight. You can only imagine how everyone else felt about that - I nearly had four of them lined up on the basement floor. Over the next couple of days the box got banned from the main floor of the house, migrated down to the basement for a short visit before finally settling down in her room. Until a few weeks ago when I finally put my foot down and demanded that she break it down and put it in the garage. It might have something to do with the fact that she and Emily could barely move in their room - the box took up half of her available floor space and they were having an impossible time keeping what little bit of floor they had left picked up - Oh and that she hadn't even climbed in the box in over three weeks. Yep, time to move on.

Fast forward to this afternoon. The kids got a call from their good friends up the street ... "Do you want to come over and build a fort?!" I don't think they even hung up the phone... Becca grabbed her box from the garage, and a roll of packing tape and everyone headed off up the street to build their fort.

No comments: