Remember my special Election Day Dinner? I thought it would be fun to do something similar for the Inauguration. I'd heard that the Inauguration luncheon was going to be duck w/sweet potatoes. I had pork chops - I know it's not a substitute for duck, but I had them and they *needed* to be cooked. Instead of going with the tried and true family favorite recipe, I opted to try an experiment. An experiment that sounded quick and yummy and different and special. The unanimous consensus from everyone - not so much.
It was on Monday's Martha! that I heard about the inauguration menu - duck breast with cherry chutney and sweet potatoes - and they shared the recipes. I personally love sweet potatoes, but my family - not so much. Although everyone tried these molasses whipped sweet potatoes, I'm the only one who finished her serving and a lot got put into the trash - grrr, I hate that! They were a bit too sweet, if that's possible. I've decided I didn't have enough sweet potatoes. The recipe called for large sweet potatoes, and my grocery store had the dinky-est sized sweet potatoes I've ever seen.
At least the broccoli was properly cooked and everyone enjoyed the apple crisp I made for dessert!
2 comments:
I am also the only one in my family who likes sweet potatoes.
Sounds great to me! I love sweet potatoes, too.
Post a Comment