Thursday, October 02, 2008

Kid Photo Shoot

My kids are not always the most cooperative when it comes to getting their pictures taken ... you would think that by now they would be so use to it they'd just sit, smile and be putty in my hands until I get just the right shot, so we could be done with it in half the time. But it's never, ever that easy. Our poor neighbors. I'm sure they cringe when they see everyone trooping out to the side yard, followed by the beast (aka camera), knowing that gritted teeth and tears are sure to quickly follow.

Most photographers will tell you that your best shots will be within the first few frames, and with my kids that is typically true ... occasionally it takes us 50+ frames to get use to the idea that Mom isn't going to back down and let anyone inside until she gets a picture where everyone is smiling and looking at the camera. Today I cut my losses after only 10 frames. This was frame number 9, and given everything that it took to get this picture, I am satisfied.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Good for you for sticking with it. I think it's definitely worth the effort...your beautiful family is growing sooo fast!

Jennifer said...

oh how we all understand what you go through to get those pictures :)

It turned out so well though :)

Amy said...

Oh my your family is so adorable. Don't you just love your boys' hair? Classic. They will appreciate all of your determination in taking these photos. It is so fun to look back at pictures of me and my siblings and remember that precious time.

And I'll be keeping your Anna in my prayers that her little hole closes up soon! What a calm and rational mother you are. It's almost like you have other kids! LOL

And thanks for the hard work on MC. It looks great.