Monday, October 06, 2008

The NFL & Nickelodeon

Sunday nights, this time of year, mean football in this family. When GR and I first met I tried to fight his insistence on watching Sunday football games, with comments like, "if you can't watch the game reverently, it will have to be turned off" ... With some success on that front, Sunday afternoons and evenings you will always find a football game on at our house being followed to some degree or another.

A couple Sundays ago, a tired and very cranky Alex woke up from a less than complete nap and joined the family for dinner. While the kids ate dinner with GR in the dinning room, I was in the living room feeding Anna, and of course, a football game was on in background. The halftime announcers were updating everyone on the days highlights and at the mere mention of San Diego, little Alexander looses all interest in dinner and starts to cry and wail, "Diego! Watch Diego? Go, Diego, Go! Watch Diego!"

No comments: