Friday, May 02, 2008

It's Great to be E-I-G-H-T!

We had a great day celebrating Rebecca's birthday ... I thought I'd share pictures instead of a long drawn out explanation of the day. Tomorrow morning we have soccer games, family coming in town, ribs to smoke, chicken to bake and a baptism for one very excited little girl who is growing up so fast!


Rebecca enjoying her special birthday snack with her class at the end of the day:


The Chocolate Pudding Filled Cupcakes ... I used the Midnight Chocolate Cake Recipe, Jell-O Instant pudding, and then a simple sweetened cream for the "frosting." They turned out perfectly - so yummy! And although I couldn't find a 1-inch biscuit cutter, I did find a cookie cutter that did the job with some help from a trusty stake knife.


Rebecca requested going to a local chain Mexican restaurant we went to as a family a few months back for her Birthday Dinner. I've learned that when choosing the restaurant they want to go to on their birthday, my kids have two criteria ... Will a group of waiters and waitresses, sing Happy Birthday to them, and will they bring you a free yummy birthday treat, if both happen, well than you can be sure they will remember it forever!



Grandma Mum and Grandpa Bob were there, as were Dim, Aunt Suz and Aunt Barb. The food was almost as good as the conversation and company!

After dinner we went to our house for presents, cake and ice cream. Rebecca got some very thoughtful gifts. In the words of Aunt Suz, "It was her dream birthday." Meaning Rebecca got everything she'd wanted at the age of eight ... a beautiful gold locket from Grandma Mum and Grandpa Bob, a bike from Mom and Dad, her very own journal, silver necklace with butterfly charm, new clothes and head bands, and a few other misc items.



Her requested birthday cake ... a layered chocolate cake with cookies and cream ice cream and whole Oreo's on the top.



3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love perfect birthdays. Do they happen when we are grown ups?

Vatti said...

Great pictures. Thank you. And congratulations to GR also on the employee of the month recognition. Well deserved.

Melonius said...

Man, I miss On the Border!