Tuesday, December 12, 2006

2 for 2 - Finally

Sunday 3 December 2006

Last Sunday we had a friend who is a really good dental-hygentist take a look a Rebecca's second front baby tooth. It is still stubbornly attached to her mouth. Since both of her permanent teeth were already coming down, I wanted to make sure the baby tooth wasn't causing any problems for her permanent teeth. Ginny determined that everything was coming in just fine, but that if the baby tooth was going to come out, Rebecca needed to twist her tooth - back and forth wiggling simply wasn't going to cut it.

After a week of twisting, GR warned her that Sunday it was coming out and she could pick who would take it out, him, me or Ginny. Rebecca picked Ginny and she came armed with an oral numbing cream and tweezers. Becca was brave and Ginny was amazing! With very little effort she was able to release the last little tended hanging on to Becca's tooth. This picture was taken the next morning and you can easily see her permanent front teeth peaking through the gum. She looks great! And despite being very reluctant to have her tooth "pulled" she is very proud of the fact that both of her front baby teeth are gone!

6 comments:

Matthew said...

Glad things went so well. I am not looking forward to that particular aspect of the future...

joe said...

Poor, brave Becca.
None of us had our teeth pulled, I don't think. Were we just lucky?

Mary Ann said...

Joe, I think we were, and I'm counting on luck to spare me/the kids from a similar ordeal. Give Becca a hug and a star. I can believe she was terrified.

Kate said...

So far, all four permanent teeth Becca's gotten have come in behind her baby teeth. Ideally the permanent tooth comes up underneath the baby tooth and pushes it out, helping to dissolve the baby tooths root faster. Since that hasn't happened yet with Becca, she's had to 'wiggle' them out. Her front teeth have just needed a little (and I mean very, very little) extra help coming out.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Julia has lost 6 teeth now, but only had the last one pulled - because the "sub" at school refused to have any blood in her class and sent her to the school nurse to have it "taken care of"!!! We all hope the rest can wiggle out - it's kind of a traumatic experience!

suz said...

barb, as you may recall, had one of her teeth knocked out by joe.

far more traumatic than being pulled, huh?