Friday, November 10, 2006

Soundbites from the Week

Friday, 3 November 2006
GR, K & A in Nebraska Friday night - Saturday. K's sister Suz and boyfriend Josh stay with B, E, S. IM to K in hotel Friday night, 9pm.

Suz: kids are in bed, everything's fine.
K: great ....
Suz: yeah, we wore them out on the trampoline. josh and I thought the clocks were wrong - it feels like midnight.


Sunday, 5 November 2006



Monday, 6 November 2006
Sam: Mom, a spider!
K: GR... GR... GR... [K, grabs kids sneaker and kills spider]
K: Sam where did the spider come from?
Sam: Outside.


Tuesday, 7 November 2006
GR is working odd and long hours again this week. Because of his modified schedule he was home when I went grocery shopping and came along.

K:[loading groceries into the car] Who taught you how to bag groceries?
GR: There's nothing wrong with the way I bag groceries.
K: You have four cans of chicken broth on top of the eggs!


Wednesday, 8 November 2006
Preparing for Dad's day at the preschool.
K: Sam, where does Daddy work?
S: At church.




Thursday, 9 November 2006
The hospital had a new system go live this week and GR is on the support team providing 24 hour support for the next two weeks. He's gone into work at noon and come home around 4am every morning this week. Today he went in earlier in an effort to come home earlier ... he got home at 11:30pm and told me this story.

GR's not the only dad with small kids on the team. Most, if not all of them, are like GR, working through the night, and their wives are fed-up with the long hours and being single mothers. I guess a lot of them have been calling their hubbies and complaining. GR said tonight he overheard two of them tell their wives ...

"GR has four kids at home, and his wife isn't calling and complaining about the long hours!"

7 comments:

Heather said...

"Preparing for Dad's day at the preschool.
K: Sam, where does Daddy work?
S: At church."

LOVE THAT!!!!

"GR has four kids at home, and his wife isn't calling and complaining about the long hours!"

-because GR's wife is practically a saint! really k8, you are much more patient than most women I know (myself included).

Lori said...

funny.

I see Alex has a bumbo. Smart girl you are for getting one. I bet you don't regret it!

Ava still sits in hers for fun sometimes

Kate said...

Heather - Just don't ask me to take a picture of my mess... :)

Lori - We love the Bumbo, definitely worth the investment!

Deb said...

I love what Sam said about where Daddy works too.
Mary said "Um, California". I don't know where she came up with that answer, but everyone was wondering what Jon did for a living!

My Many Coloured Days said...

You are of true pioneer breed, my dear!

Love the picture of the sleeping boys in your life. Obviously you were still awake!

Kristy said...

You're a trouper, girl. I'd totally be calling and complaining. :)

Alyson said...

Hello Kathleen. This is the most adorable post. I miss you guys.