Halloween, Halloween, what does it mean?
It means costumes and candy and pumpkins and cats,
Goblins and spiders and hoot owls and bats,
It means popcorn and cupcakes and apples and brew,
Scarecrows and witches and ghost who go, "Boo!"
It means heaps of treats!
Oh, yummy, yummy,
Halloween, Halloween, what does it mean?
It means spooky fun!
It has been so much fun to get all your email/blog Halloween greetings, traditions and pictures! In turn, here are ours.
Even with a 30 degree drop in temperatures overnight, the kids held out for nearly 45 minutes trunk-or-treating at the church last night, and no one threw-up or got stomach aches from eating way too much candy - which was a complete surprise, because they managed to eat a ton!
The pictures of the kids in their costumes are from the PTA Fall Potluck we attended last week. I have to be honest and say that before the kids put on their costumes I was disappointed in our costumes this year... on the hangers they simply didn't look a cute as I thought they should for what I paid, and I again asked myself why we didn't have a "costume trunk" like so many others, and simply re-purposed something we already had. Of course all doubts melted as soon as they put them on, and were beaming from ear to ear because they were exactly what they wanted to be, and looked adorable!
Rebecca ended up with two costumes this year, and instead of picking one over the other, she came up with a great solution all on her own, she wore her witch costume for the school event and her cheetah costume for tricker-treating.
5 comments:
it was so fun to see you all at the trunk or treat! their costumes looked great!
What a bunch of cute kids!! Did you end up making a halloween scrapbook for each year's costume pictures?? I have an album, but I've never done it! (big surprise!)
Rebecca makes quite a nice Cheetah. Sounds like so much fun. We opted not to do the Halloween activities in Beirut (oh yes, they have some). Maybe next year when Stella and Danielle will both appreciate it.
My favorite costume is the cheetah, I think. But the pumpkin sure is cute too.
I can't remember ever getting sick on Halloween. But we always horded our candy away, making it last for months.
Post a Comment