Monday, October 09, 2006

Random pictures from September

Pancakes! (Wednesday, 20 September 2006)
Lately when you ask Sam what he'd like to have for dinner (any meal really) he will scream, PANCAKES! So I've stocked up on baking powder and I'm working on memorizing my mother's amazing pancake recipe which I typically triple so we have enough to eat and a few to save.



Murphy, baby protector (Thursday, 21 September 2006)
I am happy to report that Murphy approves of Alex. I have a picture of Murphy like this with each of the children at about this age. He stretches out next to them on the couch, sit on their laps when laying on the floor or asleep in their bouncy seat.


Too Good to Pass Up (Friday, 22 September 2006)
This year, Emily has been invited to and attended four birthday parties. Consequently we are prrfecting the art of purchasing 6 year old birthday presents, her gift of choice - make-up and hair accessories. On this Friday night before two back-to-back parties, we took a family trip to Walmart and saw this t-shirt. GR thought it would make a great come back to his sisters comment about him, Joe and Dime.


Why you shouldn't purchase too much Halloween Candy (Monday, 25 September 2006)
Yes, I still have Halloween Candy from last year.. I won't be making that mistake again this year. This is Sam in our bed at about midnight covered in chocolate. If I remember correctly he had a half eaten Reeses Stick in his hand when we found him... chocolate was everywhere, as were wrappers. My hiding place in the closet obviously compromised.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

we saw Emily at one of her parties! what a socialite!

Camie said...

Kathleen--please post your pancake recipe (the tripled version--we love them too). I'm sure it would be miles ahead of my 'from the box' version! And we're eating a lot of pancakes lately!

Vatti said...

Those pancakes are the best I have ever tasted from any source. Glad the recipe is working for you. See you this weekend.

Heather said...

that picture of sam is GREAT! I love it!

Kelly said...

Now, if only Sam had slept in HIS bed & hidden the evidence....would you have known before Halloween?

I found smarties wrappers under Ella's bed...clearly I need to move our potty candy again.

How do they find these things?

I can't wait to see the pancake recipe either! The one in the BH&G cookbook stinks.

suz said...

cute pictures, kate. i like the one with murphy.