My 1982 picture (thanks Mary Ann) sparked some discussion of kid sock fashion, so I'm posting a montage of pictures of Rebecca over the last year. She still prefers to wear her socks two ways, straight up - whether or not they are intended to be worn that way - and rolled. I have no idea where she got the idea to roll her socks - and although it was my preferred method of wearing socks at her age as well, I certainly did not teach her to roll her socks. And from what I can remember, none of her preschool classmates did either, but she must have seen it somewhere, because there was no telling her it looked silly. So the trend continues with the next generation. I unfortunately don't have pictures to document some of her funnier combinations of clothing and socks.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Sock Fashion
My 1982 picture (thanks Mary Ann) sparked some discussion of kid sock fashion, so I'm posting a montage of pictures of Rebecca over the last year. She still prefers to wear her socks two ways, straight up - whether or not they are intended to be worn that way - and rolled. I have no idea where she got the idea to roll her socks - and although it was my preferred method of wearing socks at her age as well, I certainly did not teach her to roll her socks. And from what I can remember, none of her preschool classmates did either, but she must have seen it somewhere, because there was no telling her it looked silly. So the trend continues with the next generation. I unfortunately don't have pictures to document some of her funnier combinations of clothing and socks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Stella is very pro "tights". Hence, she will pull all her socks up as far as they can possibly go.
have the kids outgrown the jingle socks?
i love that picture with the flower pants! becca rocks.
I remember rolling my socks at somepoint in the distant past, too. I don't remember when--I hope it was long enough ago for time to absolve me.
at least she hasn't aken on the geeky early 90's trend of double tube socks in alternating colors. sadly I participated in that- it was best achived with your tight rolled jeans.
But, rebecca is young...
Two peas in a pod! Hilarious really and well worth a blog entry!
Post a Comment