Tonight was Rebecca's first t-ball game! She had three weeks of practice, one practice each week and tonight they showed us and the other team, what they've learned.
This summer Parks and Rec. had enough girls interested in playing t-ball to create six kindergarten all girl teams, which I find really exciting! They are pretty good size teams, and I've been very impressed with the parents and coaches. Everyone is very encouraging and supportive of these girls – who are each at very, very different skill levels! GR and I are both really impressed with how well Rebecca has done over the last four weeks. She has come a long way from last years basketball experience!
Becca’s a social bug, and likes to have fun… and when she has an audience, oh boy! So, we had a couple of conversations throughout the day about staying focused on the game and the ball - not being silly, or loosing concentration, ‘cause that's when the ball goes somewhere you don't want it to and someone gets hurt. Somehow she managed to do exactly that, squarely hitting the ball both times she was up to bat and playing third base. Yet , at the same time, she never let go of her personality - she talked to every person that stopped at 3rd base and a few times enthusiastically motioned them on to home, and of course she had to have a conversation with the 2nd base coach and player when she was tagged out – I fully expected her to debate with them, but she didn’t, nor was she upset.
The games last an hour, and both teams were well matched. Both teams managed to have two great plays, and both were able to get two players out on base during the game.
GR took this opportunity to brush up on his sports photography, and despite feeling VERY rusty, he got some great shots of the girls. I’m hoping we’ll have enough pictures by the end of the season, to put together a little scrapbook of pictures of the season for her coach.
4 comments:
Girl power! Rebecca looks like she's having fun! Eli is sitting by me this morning looking at pictures and he says, "Wow, looks like Rebecca is a good runner!" I second that!
i find the concept of t-ball so funny...but i guess kids that small dont have the best hand-eye coordination and having a pitcher might be too hard for them.
Very fun! Tell GR his pics look great... I'd be thrilled to have a compilation if I were her coach!
Awh, look at her. That's just great.
Post a Comment