Friday, February 24, 2006

More Camera Woas

Wednesday, 22 Febuary 2006

How is it that some people can own the same cell phone, digital camera, video camera, computer... you name it - for YEARS! and it never, ever dies on them, and others, are lucky if their $500 piece of equipment lasts them 12 months.

The Cannon PowerShot has died again, I was able to take two pictures (of Kelly's blanket - see below) before slipping the camera into my pocket and heading off to pick up Emily from preschool. After picking up Emily, dropping off the blanket (making two potty stops), and arriving at the recycling center to deposit 2 months worth of recycling, the camera took two 100% blurry pictures, and then decided to shut off when ever I turned it on and pushed the shutter button.

Arge! We just got it back not 3 months ago from having it fixed! And before I sink an additional $150 in getting it repaired, we're taking a look at what else is out there. GR has found two he's interested in - the Cannon PowerShot A620 and the Cannon PowerShot SD500. Since I still need to read the reviews myself, I'll save judgement for a later post.

So for now, I'm back to carrying the Nikon - the mother of all cameras - with me to capture moments like these:


5 comments:

joe said...

Gosh, Sam looks grown up!

How bout not putting more money into a brand that you've had trouble with?

I know several people, myself included, who've had Sony Cybershots for years, and never had and problems.

suz said...

i busted my cell phone a few weeks ago- the antenna came right off. for a while i had it superglued into place, but then i dropped it and lost the antenna piece alltogether. still trying to figure out if it's still covered under warantee...

Elspeth said...

Let us know which one you decide on, cause we're thinking of getting a new one, too.

Kate said...

Joe I'm kinda with you on this one. I'm leary of trying another Cannon given the woas we've had with the digital camera AND cam corder. I'll check out the Sony and see what our little review guy has to say about it. I'll let everyone know what we decide.

Jennifer said...

I won't buy anything other than Nikon!

I love how Sam is even happy after he crashed off the furniture.... It reminds me of when I ran into the fireplace at his age. Sigh...memories.