Sunday, February 19, 2006

Mile Stone Moment

Tuesday was a PE day for Rebecca and she decided to wear her pink and blue lace up tennis shoes that normally stay at Grandma's house. She wanted to tie them herself, but couldn't quite remember how to do it. After first talking her through the motions and then showing her, she got both shoes tied!

Friday was PE again, and again she insisted on wearing the pink and blue lace-up tennis shoes. She asked for a quick refresher course on tieing her shoes and quickly got both shoes tied.

Saturday, GR had to work the early shift at the pharmacy, so after an hour of Disney cartoons, I asked the kids to get dressed (compete with shoes so we could run errands) while I made breakfast. Becca came downstairs, competely dressed from head to toe, with her lace-up tennis shoes on, tied perfectly! I was floored!

In other mile stone news - Emily taught herself how to whistle and has been whistling up a storm for the last month. Another thing she and Rebecc both have figured out how to do - snap there fingers! Pretty impressive!

4 comments:

Matthew said...

I didn't know GR had dispensing duties at the hospital...

Kate said...

Normally I don't, but this was a special circumstance where we have a new pharmacist who hasn't been able to get her Kansas license yet. We thought she would have it by now and was scheduled to work the early shift on Saturday. Being short staffed we had to let her keep the shift - but all her orders had to be verified by a lisenced pharmacist. So, I spent 4 hours at the hospital verifiy orders and getting caught-up on some work.

-GR

Mary Ann said...

Wow, shoe-tying, whistling, etc. It is remarkable what a few years will do. Kids just change too fast. Sometimes I wish they stayed little longer, but then I snap back to reality.

suz said...

emmy must've picked up the whistling from grandpa art :) becca must be very proud of her shoe-tying...i remember being proud of that.