Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Even more Halloween

Sam has always wanted to be a Choo Choo. And the amazing thing is you'd ask him (after having not been asked for days) and he'd respond the same way every time - Choo Choo. GR did 80% of the work and I did the other 20%. He literally spent 6 hours painting it on Saturday. When Sam came down from his nap about 2pm, he looked at the box and said in a quiet awed voice - "My Choo Choo?!" By his reaction you could just tell he thought it was perfect, and he knew it was for him.

But when it came time to put on the costume for our block party on Saturday, he wasn't real sure he wanted to wear it. It took having Rebecca put it on to show him before he was willing to wear it. And he wore it for a good 30 minutes before wanting it off so he could run around and play.

On Halloween he wore it for 4 houses before wanting it off - he wasn't able to walk very well - so we put it in the wagon and he pulled it along to the remaining 12 houses or so that they went to.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is quite the job!! And to think that GR did the majority of it! I'm impressed. I wonder if I can look forward to any of that kind of creativity coming out of my husband in the future.

Kate said...

It really is. He pulled out the craft knife (insisted that I purchase new blades when I went out for spray paint), masking tape, ruler, computer templates, his camera... he approached it totally the way I expected him to... including the stressed "this isn't going to turn out" comments I heard every hour. When Sam wouldn't put it on at first, I thought for sure we were going to loose papa completely, but he held it together and thankfully Sam put it on.

Anonymous said...

It took GR 6 hours of painting? Why not 5 minutes with a can of spray paint?
signed,
not weak-minded