The spooks are after things to do,
In fact, a spook brought this to you!
The treats that come with crypted note,
Are yours to keep, enjoy them both.
The power comes with friends like you,
Copy this, and make it TWO!
We'll have smiles upon our face,
No one well know who "Boo"ed whose place.
And don't forget a nifty treat,
Like something cute or something sweet.
Please join the fun; let's really see it,
And spread some "Boo"s and Halloween spirit!
In fact, a spook brought this to you!
The treats that come with crypted note,
Are yours to keep, enjoy them both.
The power comes with friends like you,
Copy this, and make it TWO!
We'll have smiles upon our face,
No one well know who "Boo"ed whose place.
And don't forget a nifty treat,
Like something cute or something sweet.
Please join the fun; let's really see it,
And spread some "Boo"s and Halloween spirit!
We were instructed to enjoy our treat (candy, cookies and a small Halloween decoration), place a sheet of paper with a ghost on it that say "Boo"ed on our front door and secretly deliver packages to 2 houses in our neighborhood who didn't have "Boo" on their front door.
This was a really fun project to work on - my brain must have really wanted to ignore my mounting house work because after telling Barb and Suz about what I made for this little sha-do, I realized I may have gone overboard... but it was SO much fun finding cute things that were simple to make (inexpensive - key!), and might appeal to a varied audience with children or without...
So here's what I did:
I had already planned a trip to Joann's on Tuesday to purchase Halloween fabric to make a pillow case for Samuel, so while I was there I took advantage of their 60% sale and purchased additional fabric to make gift bags that were more like a totebag to deliver all our goodies in.
At Michael's I found some wonderful Halloween themed pre-painted wood cutouts, and unfinished wood frames. I painted the wood frames and assembled - pictured top. They cost about $2 to make since everything was on sale. GR said I should market them - but someone on eBay has already beat me to it. Maybe I should come up with a couple Christmas designs instead...
Diane lent me a great Pillsbury Cookbook full of fun things to do with food for Halloween ... we've made lots of interesting things from this cookbook - many of them are on their website. For the goodie bags I made two of their recipes - Ghoulish Gorp (trail mix using peanuts, mini-oreos, raisins, candy corn, and goldfish crackers - pictured bottom left) and Chocolate Gremlins (very tasty! - pictured bottom right). I put the trail mix in little sandwich bags and then wrapped them with a 10" square of orange tissue paper and used a green pipe cleaner to close it shut, creating a mini-pumpkin. I think I'll do this again for Rebecca's Kindergarten class on Halloween.

GR delivered both bags this evening - and didn't get caught! We choose one family we don't know very well on our street, and then another family we are getting to know on the street behind ours... It's hard to only do 2 houses, there are so many houses in our neighborhood, I'd love to do a couple more just to get the ball moving faster and involve more people.
This was a really fun project to work on - my brain must have really wanted to ignore my mounting house work because after telling Barb and Suz about what I made for this little sha-do, I realized I may have gone overboard... but it was SO much fun finding cute things that were simple to make (inexpensive - key!), and might appeal to a varied audience with children or without...
So here's what I did:
I had already planned a trip to Joann's on Tuesday to purchase Halloween fabric to make a pillow case for Samuel, so while I was there I took advantage of their 60% sale and purchased additional fabric to make gift bags that were more like a totebag to deliver all our goodies in.
At Michael's I found some wonderful Halloween themed pre-painted wood cutouts, and unfinished wood frames. I painted the wood frames and assembled - pictured top. They cost about $2 to make since everything was on sale. GR said I should market them - but someone on eBay has already beat me to it. Maybe I should come up with a couple Christmas designs instead...
Diane lent me a great Pillsbury Cookbook full of fun things to do with food for Halloween ... we've made lots of interesting things from this cookbook - many of them are on their website. For the goodie bags I made two of their recipes - Ghoulish Gorp (trail mix using peanuts, mini-oreos, raisins, candy corn, and goldfish crackers - pictured bottom left) and Chocolate Gremlins (very tasty! - pictured bottom right). I put the trail mix in little sandwich bags and then wrapped them with a 10" square of orange tissue paper and used a green pipe cleaner to close it shut, creating a mini-pumpkin. I think I'll do this again for Rebecca's Kindergarten class on Halloween.
GR delivered both bags this evening - and didn't get caught! We choose one family we don't know very well on our street, and then another family we are getting to know on the street behind ours... It's hard to only do 2 houses, there are so many houses in our neighborhood, I'd love to do a couple more just to get the ball moving faster and involve more people.
1 comment:
That stuff is sooooo cool. If Matthew wasn't going to be terribly jet-lagged on Halloween, I'd be planning a party right now.
Oh well.
Post a Comment