Friday, October 28, 2005

Flying over head

I was looking through photos from the last couple weeks, reminding myself of things I still need to blog about and ran across this picture - it's a perfect 12:15am post!

15 October 2005 late afternoon



After a hot afternoon at the apple orchard, we all flopped on the couch and watched a movie. Around 5-5:30 pm I heard the familiar sounds of a hot air balloon, and headed for the back deck to try and find it. The couple taking the ride had lowered their balloon right over our neighborhood, and went right through our back yard. They were waving at people and saying hello. By the time I got the camera they had already started to raise the balloon higher in the ski. It made for an exciting evening; they are just so beautiful. When the kids are older and can see over the basket, I think that would be a fun adventure to take them on.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I always wanted to do that when I was a kid. I'd forgotten that you can hear it when they turn the fire on.