Case in point. GR came home from work one evening and Sam was having a rough wake up from his nap. GR asked if he had missed him and Sam wailed ... "Stretchy!" ... "Sam, did you miss me?" .... sniff, sniff "Stretchy!" Stretch was also quickly added to the family prayer line-up - when the kids say family prayer they name off everyone in the family and Stretch was added in right along everyone else in the family.
When Jeffrey came back to the states for school at the end of August, Stretch went home, and Bob and Diane started their own dog search.
Last Tuesday night they picked up, Puppy W., from a shelter south of town. And Thursday the kids and I went to meet her. Diane let the kids pick out the name, and she's settled right into it - LUCY. Even Sam can say her name. She is incredible with kids! And is very fond of licking faces, ears, and feet.
Before heading home, I sat the kids down around Lucy for a picture of the four of them. In all the pictures I took, Lucy is looking at the camera, looking perfect and never moves (except to lick Sam's ear - look closely in the picture)... the kids on the other hand, well I have one okay shot.
3 comments:
I had no idea that Jeffery was in China. . . I bet he has some stories.
Since Bob and Diane have the dog I guess it means that you won't be adding one to your household. The cats wouldn't stand for it either, I suppose.
I gather from the picture that Sam does not like having his ear licked.
i have never liked dogs licking me, and i think it's because i had no exposure to them as a child. your kids may grow up to be dog people after all...
Post a Comment