Monday, September 05, 2005

Sterilized - three times a charm

Sam and Emily had their well baby check-ups on Friday AM. Emily is now of the age where they want a urine sample at her check ups. So after they did all the check up things for Emily and Sam we headed for the bathroom. After waiting for a good 5 minutes, she was able to expel a drop of urine that never even dropped off her skin. So we closed the lid on the cup, and headed back to the exam room.

The nurse was so funny...

N - Well did you get the drop?

Me - Aahhh, no, I didn't. [Heck it came out of her body and rolled back and across her little bottom, how was I suppose to collect that one drop?!] My husband works here at the hospital, can I collect a sample at home and send it with him?

N - Yes, you can keep the sample in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Here let me give you another sterile cup for her sample.

[I guess it makes sense that pee would go bad... everything else has an expiration date.]

Me - Great, [I put the cup in my tote bag] we'll send it next week then.


Since pee goes bad in 24 hours, the earliest we could take her sample is this morning, and honestly I don't see the point of that. So the plan had been to take her sample Tuesday morning so GR could take it to work with him.

Last night Sam was playing with one of his favorite bouncy balls and putting it into a cute little container. It was cute that is, until I looked at it closer...



Oh well... I guess we'll get our third cup on Tuesday, and try again.

No comments: