Per tradition, children at preschool get to bring the snack on their birthday. And since it's a birthday celebration, they get to bring a non-healthy snack. Rebecca choose chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting.
She has 16 students in her class plus 2 teachers making 18 cupcakes. She also wanted to take one to the other adults at the school - an additional 11, bring the grand total to 29 cupcakes. One cake mix makes 24 if you're lucky.
Knowing I couldn't do it all Monday morning, but still wanting the cupcakes to be somewhat fresh, I made them Sunday night, let them cool and covered them for the night. While I was cleaning upstairs this morning, Sam walked in carrying half a cupcake in his hand, crumbs all over his mouth and tummy. Good thing I had 36 cupcakes.
About 10am I started making the frosting... Sam tried to stick anything and everything around him and me in the frosting... he managed to unlatch the bowl from the mixer and now knows how to lock and unlock the kitchenaid's neck.
Then he wanted to help me frost the cupcakes. By this time, my patience was fairly thin. In his effort to find a knife to help me frost, he must have gotten distracted. 10 cupcakes into the frosting process I noticed he was 'cleaning' out the silverware drawer. Once he was satisfied he got everything out of the drawer, he closed it (leaving everything on the counter) and moved on to playing with Playdough (Rebecca and Emily had been doing so this entire time).
Now I understand the wisdom in opting for store bought cupcakes.
5 comments:
Sounds like a fun time =)
Just wait until he starts trying to help with the computers!
did you purposely tell sam not to smile for the camera?
Great story and pictures. I'm sure that no one at pre-school appreciated those cupcakes enough--but I bet they tasted good!
--Grandpa Art
I love your red mixer. I bet anything made in a red mixer tastes better.
Post a Comment