Friday, May 06, 2005

Child labor

We needed a fast solution for dinner last night. We all got home about the same time (5:30pm) and everyone was tired and hungry and wanted to eat NOW! So I let the kids make dinner, pretty much, all by themselves.



I should probably clarify that Sam didn't participate until the last minute or so ... he was so hungry when we got home, that
while Rebecca and Emily made the pizza, I gave him a banana and good size bunch of grapes to eat and he polished them both off pretty quickly. Once the pizzas were ready, Sam then ate most of his pizza.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I think Rebecca's future prom date needs to see a the look on her face in the pizza eating scene.

Anonymous said...

Do-it-yourself pizza parties were a great hit when I was a scout leader for the 11-year-olds. Interestingly, the young men never felt it was any less special than ordering out, and it was a lot cheaper. Reminds me of a saying that goes something like, "when I watch, I criticize, but when I participate, I support".
--Grandpa Art