Sunday, May 01, 2005

Another birthday wish

Rebecca has been asking to have her room painted pink for a very long time. I reluctantly agreed, and thankfully she picked a paint chip card with a really pretty selection of pinks to choose from. We (Emily, Rebecca and I) choose 'Petal Pink' for the walls, and 'Watermelon Slice' for a border... I'll post pictures of the completed room once I get it put together the way I want it.

The girls really wanted to help with the painting and we decided to let them do as much as they wanted. The rules - stayed on the drop cloth, keep the roller on the wall. If they wanted to put the roller down, they had to have help. They did an amazing job of keeping everything clean. No major paint spills or drips (by the girls - the adults (GR - love you honey!) on the other hand... well let's just say I'm grateful Emily's dresser is getting moved). They did a great job of painting their section of the wall. Is anyone surprised that it doesn't need a second coat of paint?!

Daddy, GR and I got the walls painted Friday night and the border painted Saturday. This week, we're having an artist friend come and paint their names above their beds, I have some stamping to try on the walls and shelves to hang for their treasures and stuffed animals to be displayed, and I'm still working out the window treatments.

6 comments:

joe said...

I helped a friend paint his basement two weeks ago. We got paint everywhere. Our moto was, "easier to wipe up after, than to use a dropcloth." But, everything dried by the time we got around to wiping. :(

Cudos to your girls. Well done.

Kate said...

I've found you can get letex paint out of carpeting really easily while it's still wet by pouring a cup of water onto it, and the using Daddys trick of soaking it all up with a towel. It worked on the spots we caught early... but the spots that soaked through the sheets onto the carpet, we missed completely. They were already dry by the time they got noticed. Oh well, it happens and the room still looks way cute!

suz said...

does becca have paint in her hair?

also, joe, it's spelled Kudos.

Kate said...

Yes, Rebecca does have paint in her hair... I'm not exactly sure how she managed to do it, but I suspect she wasn't paying attention and set her head back onto the wall.

joe said...

cudos to suz, for being a smortea pants.

suz said...

i ame to pleez