Thursday, March 17, 2005

Sam's Latest Achievement

I am now learning what life with a boy is like. Why it has taken me this long to either realize it or acknowledge it, I don't know.

My son, my dear sweet, loving child, has decided that my carpet is his canvas. In ten short days he has managed to get the following items on my carpet... red nail polish, liquid Tylenol, Elmers gel glue - twice (which turns to soap when you get it wet, because it's washable), black gardening dirt, BBQ sauce, icy hot, mascara, toothpaste.

It's good thing that about this time last year, after Rebecca and Emily got high gloss, white latex paint on the carpet (kitchen floor, laundry area walls, landing, PJs, and throw pillows, etc.), that I hated my carpet and it simply wasn't worth fretting about. It's old, yucky and I have young children. So although the liquid Tylenol has been on the stairs and in Sam's room for the last week, the entire family continues to step over the mass of pick sticky gue in my carpet until I find the time to clean it up.

I've starting to take pictures of all the spills ... maybe it will at least make a cute scrapbook page.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Ah, I am so glad that marble is cheap enough to put down as flooring over here. It's so much easier to clean than carpet.

Well, then again, we had concrete floors in Germany, so maybe it doesn't matter in the end. Maybe we are just too cheap to buy carpeting =)