GR and I have both had horribly sore throats for the last two days. Tuesday afternoon I hit a brick wall of fatigue, I couldn't peel myself from the couch. GR came home early and sent me to bed, where I stayed for 4 hours. I got up and watched Amazing Race with him and then we both crashed again. Wednesday GR got what I got. And today although I have my most of my energy back, my throat still hurts, and GR is a walking zombie.
In an effort not to infect my parents house during our Spring Break visit, I made doctors appointments for the whole family. GR and me, 11:45, the kids at 1:45 ... and we're 5 for 5 -- all of us have strepthroat. Pretty amazing don't you think? So we're each downing the antibiotics, and I'm not taking the kids to preschool tomorrow - they aren't going to be happy about that, but maybe we'll be able to get an earlier start for St. Louis.
1 comment:
I used to get Strep quite badly when I was a teenager. Never when I was a kid though.
*Too much information warning*
The thing is, the strep left me with these funky scars on my tonsils that are little bacteria traps. Apparently this is leaving me more open to infections than I otherwise would be. Last time this happened (teens), the doctor threatened to remove my tonsils when the swelling went down. Never ended up happening though, and I haven't had any trouble since leaving North Carolina. This goes to prove that the South causes disease. Be warned.
Post a Comment