I got to spend an hour with Anna at preschool today for Mom's Day and their Art Show. It was so much fun. Anna showed me the dress up corner. We planted a sunflower which I hope will eventually transplant well in the garden. And then we went and looked at the kids art work in the gallery. They studied three artists, Matisse, Monet, and VanGogh, making three projects in similar styles or using principles of art that correlate to the artist in their preschool art project. This is one of my favorite art units at preschool! I am totally in love with her VanGogh sunflowers. It's gonna get framed and hung in the house somewhere.
We started off playing dress up - I adore this picture of her all done up - complete with the "I'm ready for the pavarazzi" shades. Our together project was to plant a sunflower seed in a cup. Mrs. K said last fall a mom brought in the head of the sunflower she and her child had planted at Mom's Day. She said it was huge! I will count myself lucky if this little seed spouts and survives a month.
Then we had to hurry off to the gym (art gallery) to see all the children's artwork.



1 comment:
I love her Sunflowers too!! go Anna!!
Unrelated, but did you by any chance go to quilt market since it was in KC?
Post a Comment