Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Playdate

Alex didn't have school today (Kindergarten Roundup for the incoming Kindergarten students) and Anna had her standing day with Grandma.  So it was just me and Alex.  He wanted to have a friend spend the day with us.  Alex spends an hour after school on Thursday's with this friend while Sam and Emily and his sister are at Math and Chess Club.  It's been so nice to have this option for Alex after school, and I was glad we had a chance to do a little something in return.  

I took the boys a children's museum and they had a great time!  They want to go back and I'm convinced they would spend all day there and not get bored.  Here are pictures from our visit of some of the things they did: 


They have an awesome construction zone with real tools.  The boys spent so much time sawing, drilling and hammering to make their car and truck and were so proud of their creations.   







Sidenote: I don't remember much of what the Magic House was like years ago when I first went as a kid -- when it was just a magic house ... no grand new expansion with a three story bean pole, no bump out the back with the store/tree house/fishing pond, etc. This Children's Museum has only been open a year and is small; one very large open room with a dozen or so stations.  I'm really looking forward to watching it grow, expand and develop over the next 30 years as we have the Magic House, and maybe even take my grandchildren there for a day...

No comments: