Monday, November 14, 2011

Piano Recital

This past summer Rebecca started taking piano lessons from a friend of ours who is extremely accomplished and very good with tween/teens.  Saturday was the recital ... a dozen students each played 2-3 pieces.  

Rebecca performed three pieces near the end of the recital.  

I don't think Rebecca had any real idea what to expect - actually it's obvious when you watch her performance.  Heavens, she wanted to go in jeans and a t-shirt.  The only hint I had that she might be a tinge nervous or at all apprehensive was that she would only allow one of us to attend and I think she would have preferred us to just drop her off.  GR took the middle two to a chess tournament and I took Becca and the little ones to the recital.

She's doing really well and is continuing to stick with it. She is so excited to start playing Christmas music and it's time to get a little metronome to help her with her counting - so purest, I suggest not hitting the play button below.  




2 comments:

Matthew said...

Good for her!

Topper said...

I Love Aaron Copland! Very nice. These kids are so big and awesome.