GR made arrangements for us to spend Friday evening on the lake, tubing. GR typically gets out with Joe a couple times a year to go tubing, but as a family this was our first invitation. The kids were so excited. To insure the life jackets would fit the kids, Joe brought a bunch by Wednesday night. It was all I could do to keep the kids from wearing them constantly before we got to shore.
We had so much fun out on the water! And at least for me, it feels like it's been ages since we've all had pure fun together.
I was really, really impressed with how quickly the kids acclimating to the tube and as you can see from the huge smiles on each face, they loved every second of it.

When it was Alex's turn, we quickly discovered that he was not big enough to distribute his weight enough to keep the tube upright. So Becca and GR served as counter weights while the two little ones took a turn around the lake. GR said Alex kept switching from grinning from ear to ear to saying, "oh dear ... oh dear... oh dear." Love it!
We followed up the evening with Culvers frozen custard. And came home to a house full of family who arrived for Sam's baptism in the morning. It's gonna be a wonderful and busy weekend.
I'm participating in a Photography Challenge ... 20 weeks, 20 different subject challenges to photograph. I'm hoping it will help me improve my photography skills and force me to learn how to use my camera more. I used this last photo for this weeks submission (week 2, smile).




1 comment:
What a fun activity. I'm glad to hear about the photography thing, I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Post a Comment