Thursday, June 30, 2011

Swimming Lessons


The kids finished swimming lessons today.  We had just the right amount of time free to allow them one, eight class session at the local swim school.  I'm really pleased with how well the kids did with this group.  2-3 kids per instructor, just what my kids need.  I really wanted them to learn more of the mechanics of swimming strokes, not just safely playing in a pool.  Not really knowing what level they were at, I started the three older kids at level three, and Alex at level 1.  

Alex made a lot of progress and is ready for level 2.  He can move around the pool for a little while without his arm floats and it's great to see how excited he is that he can do it all by himself.  Becca and Emily finished at level 5, even passing off a few level 6 skills.  Sam, completed level 5 and is half way done with level 6.  They were invited to try out for their swim team and I have all the paper work to fill out for them to try out/participate.  I had no idea what an investment swim team participation was!  Wow.  I've always wanted them to participate in a swim team, but I'm going to have to think this over more now that I know more about the time and cost commitments. 

No comments: