Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Art Project

Our Father's Day tributes were simple this year and given the schedule I've attempted to maintain in the last couple of weeks, simple was all I could do.  I saw this on Pinterest and loved it.  I decided to do this project with the kids way to late to order the PDF and ended up making my own using clipart from Microsoft that I edited.  This was so last minute that I didn't even have 11x17 card stock and had to print the image on two sheets of paper and tape them together ... real classy! 



The kids each choose a different shade of green pant.  We put the girls hand prints in the back ground in the darker colors, and layered the three younger ones on top.  Once it was all dry, I used a thin black ink pen to write each child's name and age on their hand print. 


Behind glass it looks even better and the seam, while noticeable, isn't too distracting.  I really love the results and it was a huge hit with GR ... though, how can he not when his other gifts were socks and the new Tom Clancy novel.  

1 comment:

Lori said...

Love this idea! What a good mom you are!