Today is my mother's birthday and all of her grandchildren and almost all of her children were home to celebrate with her. I love my mothers joyful smile in this picture. It's tradition to light all the candles, turn off the lights and see the reflection of the candles in the window. Mom's been having us do this at every birthday since we were very small. The bay window in the kitchen really is perfect for this.
This is one of many trips we'll be making to St. Louis this summer. If only I could get frequent driver miles on I-70 and earn gas discounts.
Suz will arrive tomorrow night just in time for all us girls to put on a bridal shower for our youngest sister who will get married in a few short weeks.
And today the kids and I managed to leave town on time, something that I honestly don't think has ever happened. We packed up the car this morning, got to swimming lessons on time at 9:30, got everyone changed into their street clothing (except Alex who managed to only pack pjs, a church shirt and some socks), made a quick stop at the library to return a stack of books, pick-up books on hold and get a handful of things for the kids to read while I was at the dentist (yes all of us went) to have my teeth cleaned. After the dentist we went through a drive thru for lunch and then made two Relief Society drop offs ... binders for Sunday and two quilts I'd spent most of Wednesday prepping and sewing binding on for an activity Friday evening. We were on the highway by 1pm, just like I'd hoped. I cannot tell you what a miracle it is that we left on time.

No comments:
Post a Comment