Tuesday, February 08, 2011

The truth

It's never easy to hear what your children think of you. I got an email from Sam's teacher, Mrs. V today. It made GR and I totally bust up!

"As we're working on our important books today Sam asks for help writing about mom."

Teacher: Do you want to describe the way she looks? Would you say she's pretty?

Sam:...mmm, mostly on Sundays.

He said basically the same thing in Preschool on his Mother's Day "All About Mom" poster. I guess I should be grateful I haven't let thing slide more in the last four years.

* * * * *

Earlier this week, when I picked up the kids from school, Sam was carrying a slip of paper. I asked him what it was, and he showed it to me.

"You've been caught having a clean desk by the desk fairy. Great job!"

Me: Sam, that's really cool!
Sam: Yeah, I got a piece of candy. It says its from the desk fairy, but I know it's Mrs. Vail. Fairies can't write, and there is no such thing as desk fairies.

When I shared this with Mrs. V, she replied, "That wasn't all he had to say about it yesterday!! Sadly, some girls are busy writing notes to the desk fairy, hoping it's not me but kind of knowing it is..."

2 comments:

Heather said...

hee hee! that's really cute Kathleen!

So, does Sam believe in any other fairies? Like say, the tooth fairy?

Lori said...

hilarious.