Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

Remember our chili and pumpkin carving get together a couple of years ago.  We wanted to do it again this year since we'll be out of town next weekend.  With no school Friday, and Papa's schedule clear, last night was the perfect evening to have everyone over.  

We did some quick decorating yesterday afternoon.  I saw a cute idea on MADE with bat cutouts taped to the wall.  I thought our entry way would be perfect for a swarm of bats, and it was!  The kids loved this project, and with four of them working, they quickly had 50 cut from construction paper ready to use.


We had such a great time with everyone.  It was fun and relaxed, and some amazing pumpkins were carved. 




Rebecca did the ghost/grave yard on the far left, Sam did the bat flying in front of the moon, Alex and GR worked on the dragon, Anna's is the baby pumpkin to the right of the dragon, and Emily's is the skull on the right.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

That is such a darling picture of Anna!

Did you have to buy extra sheets of black construction paper? It seems like it would take a lot of pages to make that many bats.

Mary Ann said...

I love the pumpkin "pi".

Wish I'd thought of that.