Barb surprised us with a visit last night! We are so excited to have her with us for a few days. She and I have grand plans for painting my kitchen while she's here.
He came downstairs and woke me up, saying he was all dressed (picked the clothes out himself) and ready to go to school. I'm pretty sure he's excited about preschool, and is going do wonderfully this year.
The three older kids had the same set of preschool teachers, and Alex was slated to have the same team. But a few weeks before classes started the director needed to make some changes in the classes to create a better learning environment for all the kids ... namely grouping children more by age because of a large group of 5 year olds attending preschool this year rather than kindergarten. And Alex got placed in a different classroom. The director was really worried about having to move Alex, but I'm confident it is going to work out so well. Mindy is a good friend of mine, and Leslie is a teacher I have admired since Becca was a Pre-K Preschooler.
The majority of our hour in the Jungle Room, was spent playing with this toy ... Magformers. We are in desperate need of major toy overhaul here at home. We don't have much by way of "older" or universal age toys and I'm thinking this could provide some great fun among all the kids. I'd originally thought of getting a couple sets for Christmas, but I'm thinking they'll need to make an appearance earlier than that. We shall see.
I'm off to start cutting in ... we're using this color, wish me luck.

1 comment:
pretty paint color kate! i've been thinking about re-painting our yellow kitchen with more of a cool color....
post pics when its done!
Post a Comment