Friday, August 13, 2010

Back to School

We've had a full and fun summer.  Just before school let out I had dreams of spending this summer like we were in a summer house ... like families would do in the 40s ... mom and kids off at a summer house somewhere while dad stayed behind and worked, sometimes joining them on the weekends.  Spending the entire summer as a vacation, for everyone.  GR's summer was filled with deadlines, so he worked nearly non-stop most of the summer.  There were weeks when the kids would go DAYS without seeing him ... not far off a 40s summer, eh.  While the summer wasn't a constant vacation, it was fun and oh so memorable, and looking back, it was probably one of our best, and for that I'm grateful.


I took Alexander to his preschool to pay his tuition fees and show him around a bit.  He doesn't remember it.  He didn't want to go.  We talked about it being Sam's preschool and how much Sam liked it, and how he and I would take Sam there.  He said he didn't want to go to, Sam's preschool.  He wanted to go to preschool at his friends houses.  He ran and played, while I wrote out checks and signed my name.  He met one of his teachers and they talked about The Jungle Room and what it would be like.  They hugged at the end and we went and got ice cream before picking up the big kids.  I think he's excited to go now.  I think he's decided that he doesn't hate his teacher, either.  Let's hope he doesn't change his mind in the next three weeks.  

No comments: