Alexander blew me away last night. I was working with Sam to help him memorize the scripture for tomorrow ... John 3:16 (the girls already have it memorized from primary earlier in the year). Sam was thoroughly convinced he couldn't memorize it - totally reminded me of half my seminary students - he clearly picked something up from them in utero.
After working with Sam on the scripture for five minutes or so he totally had it down pat. I turned to Alexander and asked him what he new about the scripture. He had picked up all the core concepts, all while dancing around the girls room where Sam and I were working, not paying a bit of attention to us, that it only took a little bit of work for him to have the scripture memorized too! When he recited the scripture to "parable parrot" for a cracker this morning after VBS, she was blown away that this little preschooler was doing it. I love how Alex recites it too ... so cute. I've gotta try and get a video clip done and loaded on here.
But pictures ...
As you walked in these two large "trees" flanked each side of the registration and information table. I love how all of the decorations used were handmade ... half crafted or constructed art, like this tree, and the other half created art in the form of traditional painting or drawing. They did use a few purchased props - stuffed monkeys, plastic frogs - but for the most part everything else was done with some sort of paper as the main structure. And the effect was fantastic for everyone!
Each morning the children gather in the "gym/cultural hall" and on the stage was this huge 4 panel mural.
On the far right of the stage, was the jungle lab used by two characters who helped the VBS narrator talk to the kids about the days theme.





1 comment:
Reminds me of when I had vacation bible school back in NC.
Post a Comment