Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A 2009 First

At the beginning of the year I was released from teaching primary and given a new calling at church ... I am now the ward communication specialist. As part of my calling I prepare the Sunday bulletin and maintain the ward website.

While archaic and at times extremely frustrating, the ward website (housed within www.lds.org) does have a couple cool functions. One of those functions is the ability to send an email broadcast to all registered members with a valid email address listed.

Since external member email lists are a no-no, we are now sending our weekly ward email via the ward website and today - today - is the very first time all year that:

1. The email sent the very first time without failing - more than once I've had to submit the weekly announcement recap email three times before it would actually send.

2. I finally figured out how to keep all my - " and ' from turning into ? and other weird characters.


3. [and this is the big one] I didn't call the technical support line to talk with Rachel or Lizzie for help with a problem!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Wow - sounds like such an ordeal...thanks for working so hard for our ward and am glad you didn't have to work quite as hard this time (ie no phone calls to Salt Lake!).