Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy 148th Birthday!

A great opportunity for cake AND birthday candles! Thank you Kansas!



* * * * *

The more and more I learn about the CPSIA and how it will potentially impact my life and my little business the more and more I pray the government will not turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to all the concerns being voiced with how it is currently laid out. If you're not sure what I'm talking about ... read this. It's what hundreds of bloggers posted yesterday, hopefully you saw it on someone's blog.

For information about the CPSIA and how to make your voice heard, I found this CPSIA Action Kit made up by Etsy extremely helpful. I'm extremely frustrated with Dennis Moore at the momment. I've sent him three seperate emails and I've heard NOTHING back from him.

2 comments:

Vatti said...

This sounds like an essentially non-enforcable piece of legislation. Did the originators of the law actually intended it to apply to currently shelved library books or one-of-a kind homemade craft businesses?

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathleen, somehow I hadn't thought about your business in this as of yet. This is definitely a hot button issue for us at Babymoon too. Must we really just drop support for the smaller vendors we do carry? What happens to existing inventory? All sorts of questions.