Best non-family quote so far about being bishop: "The good thing about you being called as Bishop at such a young age, everything you screw up you'll get to fix when they call you again later on!"
My wife has been bugging me to post these little tidbits of information, so here goes...
Best quote from Sam: (We were in my office at the church) "This is so weird, coming in here now to get candy."
Me:"Why is that?"
Sam:"Because this is the real Bishop's office, not yours."
Best quote from Rebecca: (I was putting on a shirt and tie to go on teamups with the Elders)
Rebecca:"Why are you putting on a tie?"
Me:"I'm going on team-ups with the missionaries tonight."
Rebecca:"Well, that's odd."
Me:(laughing)"Why is that odd?"
Rebecca:"Well, you hardly ever go out with the missionaries"
Me:"True, but I'm the Bishop now, so you just have to do these things."
Rebecca:"Oh, so you don't have a choice anymore?"
3 comments:
oh I like Sam's! that is too funny! have a great t-day!
Awesome! I'll have to think of something witty to say, too, but I don't know how anyone could top the first one about being young and screwing things up. I released the wrong person the other day.
http://bishophiggins.blogspot.com/
You have to check out this blog...I've been laughing so hard that Ben thinks I've lost it completely. Definitely the lighter side of being Bishop.
Post a Comment