For those who don't know, pharmacists and nurses ... well they really don't get along with each other. GR correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it can be easily said, that each is certain that the other is at the bottom of the intelligence pool, and bound and determined to make their life at work harder than it should. So this little plate of goodies is a yearly peace offering, and thanks for their job well done in patient care.
A month ago the pharmacist who is heading up this portion of the weeks events, called to see if I could come in and help them plate up all the goodies for the 17 different units. I really enjoy the people GR works with and jumped at the chance to go spend a morning with them. Alex spent the morning with Grandpa, while Anna and I spent the morning in the pharmacy conference room, plating all these goodies!
GR wanted our contribution to be pumpkin bread, so last night once we got my dad safely on his way back home, and the kids tucked in bed, my kitchen started cranking out pumpkin bread. Three recipes of my mom's pumpkin bread later, and I had 15 mini loaves ready for GR to take with him. When the kids saw them, they all requested mini loaves for their teachers, so I'll be making more pumpkin bread this week!
4 comments:
That plate looks sinfully good. Care to share your pumpkin bread recipe?
Mmmm those look yummy! For some reason your blog doesn't update on mine very well. So I have to play catch up, but I enjoy doing that! I'm glad you got a nice visit with your dad, and I hope your Aunt feels better soon.
Yes, and....do you share the pumpkin bread recipe? You know that's what I'm all about! ;)
Are you going to pass that recipe along to me? I could use a good one!
Post a Comment