Monday, September 15, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Do

With three kids playing soccer, we have soccer practice three different nights of the week. Becca and Sam both practice on fields adjacent to playgrounds - ingenious! So while they are at practice, the other kids get to run and play! We've never spent this much time playing at parks, and it's been wonderful! At one of our latest playground nights, Emily did this:


After her second or third time up the parallel bars, I decided to give it a try ... with great effort, I made it to the top, and no I won't be posting the extremely unflattering pictures GR took of me pulling myself up this contraption. One would think lugging a 13lb baby and a 30lb toddler would be good exercise, but I clearly need to be doing more.

This was GR and Sam's approach to climbing the parallel bars:

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Three different nights of the week! Whew. Glad you're able to play at the park most of the time. Sounds like a great solution for everyone. I can't imagine trying to climb up that contraption...

Jennifer said...

It was always great to have soccer practice at places with playgrounds. And hooray for you for attempting the parallel bars!!

joe said...

wow, k8. i am so impressed that you climbed up there! way to go!