Saturday, September 20, 2008

Another Fun Packed Saturday

We had so many fun things to do today!

The three older kids had their soccer games in a nice compacted time frame this morning ... 10, 11:45 and 12:30. We packed a budget friendly lunch ... a cooler with a couple big sub sandwiches, apples, yogurt tubes and lots of water ... to eat during the short breaks between games. This was our first "hot" game of the season, and the kids handled it as well as could be expected - they were hot and red faced after each of their games, but no one sat down of the field or gave up! The air temperature wasn't that bad, in the low 80s, but the sun was bright and hot, with little to no breeze.



After the soccer games, Rebecca had a birthday party to attend. She was to go dressed as her favorite pop star, and choose Jordan Pruitt. Since I had never heard of her before, we googled her and found this music video on YouTube, it just happens to be Becca's favorite Jodan Pruitt song. In this video Jordan wears skinny jeans, a sparkly shirt, and heels. So we went for a similar look in a totally different color palate. Jeweled tank from Sears - something I thought might make a good addition to the girls dress up tub - black leggings, and funky wedges from the dress up tub. She had such a good time at the party doing hair and make-up, singing along with friends to all their favorite pop stars.



Madison is a huge Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana fan and when we started talking about what Becca wanted to take as a gift, one of her suggestions was a Hannah Montana pillowcase. I was lucky enough to find some Hannah Montana fabric that wasn't too obnoxious or over the top, and it felt pretty good too, at Walmart - Hannah Montana centeral, and found coordinating fabrics at Hancock.

Since this was her 8th birthday and she has grandparents and cousins who live close by, I thought a little sleep over "kit" would be fun. I used every inch of the 2-1/4 yards I purchased and was able to squeeze out a pillowcase, pj bottoms and a draw string bag to put everything in.



After the birthday party GR took the three older kids to the KU football game with his parents. We look forward to this game every year! We've attended this football game - KU Band Day - for the last 4 years, and the kids really enjoy it. This year we opted to have Anna and Alex stay home with me. Alex is quite a little football fan, and when I couldn't find the game on TV, Alex and I watched Invisible on TNT instead. GR said their seats weren't fantastic, but they were down by KUs end zone and had a great view of three touch downs before leaving after half time.


6 comments:

Heather said...

what a fabulous gift idea Kathleen!!!

Kris Farrar said...

You are my idol! I've been trying to make more gifts, if I were as talented as you are, I would be more successful. Love the idea, I wish I could pull it off.

Alyson said...

Kathleen; those are dang cute pajamas. Good pajamas are hard to find. Why don't you sell them on Etsy? I'd buy them for Christmas presents! I'd buy the whole packet for kids on my list!

By the way how are you? I look forward to our TV season get-togethers which I hope will be starting up again soon.

Jennifer said...

You did it.... you really did find very tasteful Hannah Montana fabric. Those are super cute.

lbp said...

Hi Kathleen, I stumbled across your blog today. You and your family look lovely. I can't believe 8 years have gone by since I last saw you & GR. Your daughters have grown so much. Congratulations on your littlest one too.

Desiree

Vatti said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Hugs to everyone!